Travel Grant Requirements
- Participants who have received grants in any of the past three congresses (2017, 2018 or 2019) do not qualify for funding.
- Only paper authors are eligible for travel grants. Discussants, chairs, workshop or roundtable participants without papers are not eligible. Co-authors must each submit a travel grant application.
- Failure to accurately fill out every blank on the form or submit a CV with the travel grant will invalidate the travel grant application. (US Non-Tenured need to submit an additional letter from their department stating they are full time and in a non-tenured track.)
- Applying for a grant type that you are not eligible for will invalidate the travel grant application.
- ACCEPTANCE OF A PAPER OR PANEL OR AN INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE DOES NOT GUARANTEE FUNDING. Thus, participants are strongly urged to seek other sources of funds when applying through LASA.
Travel grant decisions are expected to be announced no later than December 13, 2019. (Date subject to change based upon availability of funds.)
If your grant application is accepted:
- You will receive an email containing a contract via DocuSign. You must accept and digitally sign the contract by January 14, 2020. If you do not accept and digitally sign the contract by the deadline, your travel grant will be revoked.
- You must upload your paper using the Paper Management application by April 15, 2020. If you fail to upload your paper by the deadline your travel grant will be revoked.
- You must attend the Congress and check-in at the Travel Grantee's office located at the registration area. Failure to check-in on-site will result in a forfeiture of your grant.