Film Festival Eligibility
1. Films that are not part of a panel, workshop, roundtable or other regular sessions of the congress may participate in the LASA2023 Film Festival.
2. Productions completed only during 2021 and 2022 will be accepted. Directors cannot submit more than one film of his/her creation.
3. Registration to the festival constitutes consent of the film rights holders, to show their film to the participants of the LASA2023 Congress, from May 24 to 27, 2023. Such exhibition will be in person (one time) and virtual (on demand) during the four days of the festival and congress.
4. The selection criteria for participation in the LASA2023 Festival are:
- Artistic, technical and cinematographic excellence.
- Relevance in relation to the thematic and disciplinary interests of LASA members, as evidenced by the topics proposed in the panels, workshops and special sessions of the congresses.
5. It is not necessary to be a member of LASA to submit a film to the festival.
6. The Festival confers the LASA AWARD OF MERIT IN FILM to films that stand out for their content, language and relevance. These are honorary awards, not monetary.
7. Participation at the LASA2023 Film Festival is free and the films selected will not receive exhibition fees.
8. Selection will be announced by February 10, 2023. The Festival will indicate delivery formats for the virtual and in house projections.
9. Submission of entries constitutes tacit acceptance of the LASA Film Festival rules and regulations.