Travel Grant Requirements
- LASA Travel Grants provide support for participants traveling to the Congress city. Therefore, only LASA2023 participants in-person, in Vancouver, Canada, are eligible to receive the discretionary travel grant.
- Participants who received a Congress registration grant for the Virtual Congresses LASA2020, LASA2021, and LASA2022, may reapply for a travel grant for the next Congress LASA2023.
- Only paper authors are eligible for travel grants. Discussants, chairs, workshop, or roundtable participants without papers are not eligible. Co-authors must each submit a travel grant application.
- Failure to accurately fill out every blank on the form or submit a CV with the travel grant will invalidate the travel grant application (US Non-Tenured need to submit an additional letter from their department stating they are full time and in a non-tenured track).
- Applying for a grant type that you are not eligible for will invalidate the travel grant application.
If your grant application is accepted:
- You will receive an email containing a contract via DocuSign. You must accept and digitally sign the contract by January 13, 2023. If you do not accept and digitally sign the contract by the deadline, your travel grant will be revoked.
- Please make sure your All Access subscription is valid until May 28, 2023. If your All Access subscription expires on May 27, 2023, or before this date, you must renew no later than March 10, 2023.
- You must upload your paper using the Paper Management application by April 14, 2023. If you fail to upload your paper by the deadline your travel grant will be revoked.
- You must attend the Congress in person, in Vancouver, Canada. Failure to attend the Congress on-site will result in a forfeiture of your grant.
- Should the in-person format of the LASA2023 Congress in Vancouver, Canada, be cancelled, travel grants will be void. LASA is not responsible for the expenses incurred in your travel plans such as plane tickets or accommodation.