- All session/individual proposals are received by LASA Secretariat by September 6, 2018 (17:00 hours EDT).
- The proposals are reviewed to ensure no critical information is missing. If the proposals do not have a track selected, they will be taken out of consideration.
- The proposals are grouped by track and sent to the Track Chairs for evaluation.
- If the Track Chairs do not think a proposal fits correctly into their track, the proposal will be sent to the Track they believe has a better fit for evaluation.
- Track Chairs evaluate the proposals based on the criteria below (The maximum score for a panel or individual paper is 100.):
- Significance/appeal for the field and scholars in related fields (Score 1-50);
- Clarity/coherence in the presentation of theme or argument (Score 1-25);
- Compliance with submission instructions (Score 1-25).
- The Track Chairs group high scoring individual papers into panels based on common theme and assign a panel name.
- The Track Chairs then send a ranking of the sessions by Track back to the LASA Secretariat.
- The LASA Secretariat calculates the percentage of sessions by track based on the total number of proposals for LASA2019. For example, if 50 sessions are proposed for the AGR track out of a total of 1,000 sessions proposed for LASA2019, the percent of AGR track panels is 5%.
- The The LASA Secretariat calculates the total number of sessions to be accepted for LASA2019 based on meeting space and schedule. For this example, we will use a total of 600 panels for LASA2019.
- The LASA Secretariat calculates the number of sessions per track which will be accepted based on the percent of proposals received by that track and the space available. In our example, 5% of proposals were received in the AGR track; therefore, 5% of the total panel capacity for LASA2019 will be assigned to the AGR track. In this case (5%*600 = 30 sessions, 30 sessions will be accepted in the AGR track). The top 30 ranked sessions will be accepted for the AGR track.
- The same process is followed for each track until all the available space has been exhausted. In this example, it will be until all 600 sessions are selected.
- The sessions are reviewed and placed into the Program by the Program Chairs for LASA2019.
- Notifications of acceptance/rejection of proposals are sent by November 12, 2018.
*Accepted participants will be required to pre-register for the congress by March 14, 2019 (17:00 hrs EDT).
*Decisions are final and cannot be appealed. Participants who were not included in the program are invited to apply next year to LASA2020.