Film Festival Eligibility
1. Films that are not part of a panel, workshop, roundtable or other regular sessions of the congress may participate in the LASA2024 Film Festival.
2. Productions completed only during 2022 and 2023 will be accepted. Directors cannot submit more than one film of his/her creation.
3. Registration to the festival constitutes consent of the film rights holders, to show their film to the participants of the LASA2024 Congress, on-site and online, from June 12 to 15, 2024. Such exhibition will be in person (one time) and virtual (on demand) during the four days of the festival and congress.
4. Videos hosted on our platform are protected with advanced security. The videos privacy settings are configured so that only our intended audience can watch the video. We also use embed domain restrictions to ensure your video does not get embedded elsewhere. The ability for viewers to download your video from the video page is also disabled.
5. Participation at the LASA2024 Film Festival is free and the films selected will not receive exhibition fees.
6. It is not necessary to be a member of LASA to submit a film to the festival.
7. The selection criteria for participation in the LASA2024 Festival are:
- Artistic, technical, and cinematographic excellence.
- Relevance in relation to the thematic and disciplinary interests of LASA members, as evidenced by the topics proposed in the panels, workshops and special sessions of the congresses.
8. The Festival confers the LASA AWARD OF MERIT IN FILM to films that stand out for their content, language, and relevance. These are honorary awards, not monetary.
9. Selection will be announced by March 15, 2024. Filmmakers will receive letters indicating delivery formats for the virtual and in house projections.
10. Submission of entries constitutes tacit acceptance of the LASA Film Festival rules and regulations.