Film Festival Eligibility
1. Films that are not part of a panel, workshop, roundtable or other regular sessions of the congress may participate in the LASA2022 Film Festival.
2. Given the universal context of the pandemic, productions completed during the 30 (thirty) months prior to the festival registration date will be accepted.
3. Registration to the festival constitutes consent of the film right holders, to show their movies to the participants of the LASA2022 Congress, from May 5 to 10, 2022. Such exhibition will be virtual and be free of charge.
4. The selection criteria for participation in the LASA2022 Festival are:
- Artistic, technical and cinematographic excellence.
- Relevance in relation to the thematic and disciplinary interests of LASA members, as evidenced by the topics proposed in the panels, workshops and special sessions of the congresses.
5. It is not necessary to be a member of LASA to participate in this festival.
6. The Festival awards the LASA AWARD OF MERIT IN FILM to films that stand out for their content, language and relevance. These are honorary awards, not monetary.
7. Selection will be announced by March 1, 2022. Submission of entries constitutes tacit acceptance of the LASA Film Festival rules and regulations.