Travel Grant Requirements
- Participants who have received grants in any of the two congresses (2018 or 2019) do not qualify for funding for 2021. Participants whose travel grant for LASA2020 was revoked after the transformation to a Virtual Congress may reapply for another grant for the next Congress LASA2021.
- Only paper authors are eligible for travel grants. Discussants, chairs, workshop, or roundtable participants without papers are not eligible. Co-authors must each submit a travel grant application.
- Failure to accurately fill out every blank on the form or submit a CV with the travel grant will invalidate the travel grant application (US Non-Tenured need to submit an additional letter from their department stating they are full time and in a non-tenured track).
- Applying for a grant type that you are not eligible for will invalidate the travel grant application.
- Virtual participants to LASA2021 are not eligible to receive a travel grant.
If your grant application is accepted:
- You will receive an email containing a contract via DocuSign. You must accept and digitally sign the contract by January 14, 2021. If you do not accept and digitally sign the contract by the deadline, your travel grant will be revoked.
- Please make sure you are registered for the Congress by the pre-registration deadline March 11, 2021.
- You must upload your paper using the Paper Management application by April 15, 2021. If you fail to upload your paper by the deadline your travel grant will be revoked.
- You must attend the Congress in person and check-in at the Travel Grantee's office located at the registration area. Failure to check-in on-site will result in a forfeiture of your grant.
- Should the in-person format of the LASA2021 Congress be cancelled, travel grants will be void. LASA is not responsible for the expenses incurred in your travel plans such as plane tickets or accommodation.