What is the difference between a track and a section?
LASA sections provide networking opportunities all year round and have dues requirements to join. LASA sections have their own budgets, director boards and some provide awards and grants for the LASA congresses. For more information on sections, visit the link LASA Sections or contact the LASA sections coordinator.
The program tracks are LASA’s organized themes for congress proposals. Participants choose a track theme during the proposal submission process when submitting proposals. Each track has a chair responsible for reviewing the proposals for the conference. Visit the program tracks page to select the most appropriate one for your proposal.
How can I add sections to my current membership?
You may add sections to your current membership online by following these steps:
- Go to https://lasa.international.pitt.edu/auth/jru/.
- In the next drop-down menu, choose “Add sections to your existing Sections Subscriptions.”
- Then click “continue to the customized form creation page.”
- Enter password, and then proceed with the online form and payment.
- If needing assistance, contact LASA secretariat at 412-648-7929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.