Health and Safety Measures
Thank you to everyone who is planning to join us on-site in San Francisco, California, May 5-8, for the LASA2022 Hybrid Congress. Health and safety are our priority and we appreciate your cooperation with the LASA2022 health and safety protocols.
We are working closely with the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, LASA2022’s main venue, to ensure that the LASA International Congress complies with all requirements of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and any additional guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following the state of California regulations to reduce COVID-19 transmission during indoor events such as conferences and conventions with 1,000 or more people, LASA has adopted a vaccination required approach for all on-site attendees, participants, exhibitors, and LASA staff at LASA2022 in San Francisco, California.
Hence, in order to attend the LASA2022 Congress in person, a COVID-19 full vaccination proof is required prior to arriving in San Francisco and in order to gain access to the Congress main location, the San Francisco Marriott Marquis.
Additionally, LASA reminds all participants and exhibitors planning to attend the Congress in person that the United States government requires all foreign nationals traveling to the United States to demonstrate proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 starting November 8, 2021.
The following protocols will be in place during LASA2022:
- All on-site attendees, participants, exhibitors, and staff are required to wear face masks at all times, especially indoors.
- Socially distanced seating options will be provided in all meeting rooms.
- The Book Exhibit Hall will include wider aisles on the floor with booths spaced apart.
All attendees, participants, exhibitors, and staff should:
- Not enter the LASA2022 Congress location if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands; and
- Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices, on and off the LASA2022 Congress location.